segunda-feira, janeiro 12, 2004

From January 9 to January 11

January 9
HERE are some lines from that prolific author "Anonymous" which may help you get things into a clear perspective today:
When you're lonely,
I wish you love.
When you're down,
I wish you joy.
When you're troubled,
I wish you peace.
When things are complicated,
I wish you simple beauty.
When things look empty,
I wish you hope.


January 10
A GOOD friend of ours, James, has built up a hugely successful business in recent years. He gets on well with his staff, his customers and his friends.
We were discussing things with him one evening and he said, "It's quite simple, really. At home, or at the office, I've found that a smile on your face first thing in the morning is really appreciated. Folk tend to be short-tempered at that time of day, and they are looking for that all's well with the world.
"Your smile has to be given when you start work. No good leaving it to late afternoon."
What a bright thought! A smile not only makes the person giving it fell good - it makes everyone else fell that much better, too.


January 11
I CAME across a comment by F. W. Faber, a hymn writer, some time ago and although a few of you may already be familiar with it, it is so thought provoking I'd like to pass it on:
"Kind words are the music of the world. They have a power which seems to be beyond natural causes, as though they were some angel's song which had lost its way come to earth."