quinta-feira, janeiro 15, 2004

January 15

SOME time ago David was told that the business school he had worked for since leaving school was closing down. He said:
"It was a shock, Francis, for Alice and myself, and a bit frightening, too - we wondered what we were going to do. However, the village shop was looking for new owners because of retirement, and after much careful thought Alice and I bought it. It's hard work, and we still have lots to olearn, but we enjoy meeting our customers, and they are so pleased the village shop remained open.
"Alice said to me the other day, "You know, David, the shop is really needed, and so are we." It's a nice thought."
I nodded. David and Alice would surely see the wisdom in these words of the poet Tennyson:
Come my friends,
Tis not too late to seek a newer world.